It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 3:23 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

What should we do?
Continue the game as it is. 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Start a new campaign. 53%  53%  [ 9 ]
Replay the 2nd session. 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: Slayzer's wall of text about previous session
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:28 am 
Site Admin

All that happened in the last session is mostly my fault, all of this mess wouldn't have happened if I strictly followed my rules. However I wanted to save time, and we did save a lot of time but at the cost of game experience. Also not that the loudest people when it comes to rule breaks (Markoni,Guren,Kremelord) haven't said a thing about me not following rules in these cases, as clearly it was done in their favor, however if any of the rules is even tiny bit against their interest they wanna rip my throat.

Anyway let's start:

1. Allowed Guren to play Romania.

- This shouldn't have been allowed as it was clearly against rules and against my own interest, having a player Romania changed already uneven balance of powers in Europe.

2. Allowed Vinicnio to play an extremely important country to balance of powers in Europe even though I knew he was likely going to miss few sessions.

- Should have forced some players to switch and fill up more important countries, but I wanted everyone to play countries they picked.

3. I didn't force Prussia to peace out in Dutch war against Dai Nam which Netherlands had clearly no way of winning quickly(war lasted for 5 YEARS!) which prevented Prussia from forming NGF even though he had all the requirements for quite some time.

- This perhaps played a key role as Swack was able to abuse it and attack Prussia without them being able to form NGF.

4. Started a session without Sardinia sub even though I knew how drastically it would change the war.

- With Sardinia on our side we'd have more than 100 brigades than we had at that point, even with just military access war would have been even.

5. UK was AI for almost a year even though it was completely obvious what Russia was going to do, once again I didn't force rehost till we find a sub in order to save time and not having to spend it on searching for a sub.

- Instead of a single 30k stack we'd have at least 3-4 British stacks in Austia and I would have been able to actually go and pursue Russian troops after battles they've lost in Prussia.

6. This is the most important one:
At point when Prussia got over infamy again(due to release Chad wasn't allowed to make) the truce between Prussia,Austria,Spain and Russia,France,their allies already expired!!!

- At first I didn't realize how was that possible-> my slow reaction to join the war. This played a HUGE role, if everything was as it should have been, EVEN with Gaku taking Cuba before Prussia releasing it, it was IMPOSSIBLE for Russia and France to start a joint war against Prussia before the truce ended.

Post subject: Re: Slayzer's wall of text about previous session
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:37 am 
Site Admin

I have an extremely simple solution for all the drama, proposed rule changes and rages, will reveal it tomorrow, wanna hear your ideas first.

This post is reserved, will make a list of mistakes made by newcomers when it comes to managing countries.(will not talk about diplomacy)
By doing this I'm not trying to show how bad you are or anything like that, simply giving advice as I usually do when we have many people that are playing for the first time.

[RESERVED]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:08 am 

Quote:
At point when Prussia got over infamy again(due to release Chad wasn't allowed to make) the truce between Prussia,Austria,Spain and Russia,France,their allies already expired!!!

Quote:
3. One may not release more than 1 country every 15 years. In addition you may not release nation of same cultural union(Those that can later on be integrated by event!)

I would like to point out that what I did was unambiguously NOT against the rules with the current ruleset, because the effects of the North German Federation DECISION are what cause the German minors to be re annexed and that I get extremely annoyed when mods give in to badgering.

That being said, I think it is a great idea to include a post about common errors (not getting research tech, encouraging stupid stuff, self defeating diplomacy, going over infamy for no reason, etc.) and post it in an obvious spot for new players. I also think it would be a good idea to stress the gravity of the mistakes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:26 am 

chad.johnson.1996 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
3. One may not release more than 1 country every 15 years. In addition you may not release nation of same cultural union(Those that can later on be integrated by event!)

I would like to point out that what I did was unambiguously NOT against the rules with the current ruleset, because the effects of the North German Federation DECISION are what cause the German minors to be re annexed and that I get extremely annoyed when mods give in to badgering.

That being said, I think it is a great idea to include a post about common errors (not getting research tech, encouraging stupid stuff, self defeating diplomacy, going over infamy for no reason, etc.) and post it in an obvious spot for new players. I also think it would be a good idea to stress the gravity of the mistakes.

The decision causes an event to happen *Shrug*

anyways, should have a better poll than this if you're actually serious slayzer. Allow for multiple choices, so that people can pick everything except the one they don't want, for example. Some people absolutely don't want to restart, some people absolutely don't want to continue, some people absolutely don't want to reset session.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:28 am 

Guren275 wrote:
chad.johnson.1996 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

The decision causes an event to happen *Shrug*

anyways, should have a better poll than this if you're actually serious slayzer. Allow for multiple choices, so that people can pick everything except the one they don't want, for example. Some people absolutely don't want to restart, some people absolutely don't want to continue, some people absolutely don't want to reset session.

The event only gives prestige iirc, it is an actual effect of the decision that causes it to get annexed.

Also, slayzer seriously needs to revise his ruleset. Like not even in substance, but just with ambiguous wording and things like that.

Edit: This is part of the text in the NGF decision. No event
effect = {
prestige = 15
any_country = {
limit = {
OR = {
primary_culture = north_german
tag = SCH
}
in_sphere = THIS
NOT = {
tag = THIS
}
}
annex_to = THIS
}
any_owned = {
limit = {
is_core = GER
}
add_core = NGF
}
change_tag = NGF
}

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:39 am 

I don't see what is confusing about "One may not release more than 1 country every 15 years. In addition you may not release nation of same cultural union". It's a pretty clear cut thing. Since Prussia/Danzig are apart of the same cultural union.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:48 am 

When it says "same cultural union" it doesn't specify with what, and then defines in the parenthesis "same cultural union" to mean a country that can later be reintegrated by event, which, in Prussia's case cannot happen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:08 am 

i think that it would be best to just call game here and tally scores, it is probably not the score everyone wanted at the end of the game but it is better than restarting the session which i don't think will play a major difference tbh and i doubt many people would actually want to accept a replay of the second session.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:02 pm 

The thing that got me the most was the containment wars. Fair enough people shouldn't have gone over infamy but what happened was getting ridiculous. Markoni and myself could just infamy war one another, he did it to me and I did it to persia. The fact is when then happens you may as well give up your empire and your score because there is nothing you can do. It makes it pointless to play and really not fun.

The issue with infamy is that people have to go over infamy to acheive the goals you'd expect that country to achieve by the end of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:21 pm 

Yeah there is a few things that happened, that people where not happy from sunday. That we discussing it is reason enough to feel encouraged. Rage quiting should be up there as well, the way people approach the situation when Danzig was released caused everyone to pile on and start complaining. I think honestly thats bad instead of moving on and resolving it later. Make it so there is only one game master, maybe Marconi since he a rule Nazi or just Gaku like appoint a third arbitrary and that's it, and only the game master can speak, after the game if there is an issue we can resolve it. Slayer the bottom two decision in the poll the tally should probably be combined.