It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 11:24 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

What should we do?
Continue the game as it is. 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Start a new campaign. 53%  53%  [ 9 ]
Replay the 2nd session. 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: Re: Slayzer's wall of text about previous session
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:17 pm 

Im not serious when i complain about rules like you dont pause when you're attacking. But I do complain about rules when you release Danzig when you can reintegrate it and you lose infamy in the process.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:36 pm 

I get it, but the problem is it I have seen this done before and it was not pushed so hard in one of another sessions. So just make a third party arbiter with a decision made later.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:00 pm 

I think one reason the Danzig issue was pushed so hard last session was because it directly interfered with the plans of the Russian alliance, who planned on attacking Prussia with Containment right after the truce was up but by releasing Danzig that was rendered impossible, so it had to be resolved right away from the viewpoint of the Russian alliance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:42 pm 

To be fair there was a lot of bullying going on. Prussia for example yes fucked up in the first session, however the two players that stood in in the second session were attacked before they knew what was going on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:54 pm 

NOW I HAVE BOLD PLAN:
Do A new campaign but make it a modern day mod to even out all the countries or we have the kaiserriech mod introduced to help balance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:59 pm 

the game is honestly a lot more balanced when important countries are not run by newer players.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:13 pm 

Quote:
The issue with infamy is that people have to go over infamy to acheive the goals you'd expect that country to achieve by the end of the game.

No they don't. Nobody expects you to take multiple states off the USA or to get all your historical goals for the entire period by 1850. The UK does have a bit of a problem, because it needs to conquer panjab and protectorate sindh mostly immediately, which is max 32, but releasing tiny nation + a bit of delay ensures that even in the worst case that is possible.

Quote:
Im not serious when i complain about rules like you dont pause when you're attacking. But I do complain about rules when you release Danzig when you can reintegrate it and you lose infamy in the process.

Again, this wasn't against the rules, and you just complained until you got what you want. I don't need any further argument than that. You continuing to complain does not make your case more valid.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:15 pm 

Uhtred wrote:
To be fair there was a lot of bullying going on. Prussia for example yes fucked up in the first session, however the two players that stood in in the second session were attacked before they knew what was going on.

Kind of going off this, Slayzer can't expect to find subs who will sit in on completely fucked up nations. I was willing to play a stupidly managed Prussia, but I had no idea he broke a treaty and went over infamy, and nobody wants to sit for 4 hours under multiple containments through no fault of their own while trying to fix a stupidly managed country.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:28 pm 

chad.johnson.1996 wrote:
Uhtred wrote:

Kind of going off this, Slayzer can't expect to find subs who will sit in on completely fucked up nations. I was willing to play a stupidly managed Prussia, but I had no idea he broke a treaty and went over infamy, and nobody wants to sit for 4 hours under multiple containments through no fault of their own while trying to fix a stupidly managed country.

Fun fact, Slayzer made the Prussia player break treaty by asking for military access and not explaining the gravity of the situation. Then when people asked if the decision could be reversed for game balance purposes, he didn't allow it because Prussia getting completely fucked over allowed him to invade the Netherlands :^)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:20 pm 

Is there a way to change your vote?