It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:44 am

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post subject: Slayzer's project: New Mod for multiplayer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Ok so I think it's obvious that we need to change few things considering that we have so many players now, some countries obviously have a huge disadvantage. Before this game (1st game season 3) we have been using WiR_PUIR, atm we are using Vincinio's mod, both mods have some good and bad things, I will try to use only good things from both mods as well as implement some of my ideas. I would appreciate constructive criticism. Please think before you post, I want fully developed ideas!

Here are some things that I intend to edit, blue star will indicate that the task is done.

~~~ Land and country edits ~~~

1. Bosnia transfered to Austria. *
2. Serbia owns Southern Serbia. *
3. Montenegro owns all cores. *
4. Wallachia and Moldova united into Romania, cores from Ottoman empire added. *
5. Ottoman Empire restored to GP status. *
6. Canada,South Africa,New Zealand own all of their cores and are independent nations. *
6b. Starting techs are same as Brazil to balance immigration rates. *
7. Canada, Austria and Mexico now have more soldier pops. *
8. Colombia doesn't have to be a Great Power to form Gran Colombia. *
9. Argentina starts as a democracy. *
10. Yugoslavia can have Bulgarians as accepted. (as in vanilla) *
11. Byzantine Empire has Armenians,Georgians and Assyrians as accepted. *

~~~ Reforms ~~~

1. Healthcare restored to vanilla. *
2. Wagereform now gives bonus factory throughput. *
3. Safety regulations boost pop growth slightly. *

~~~ Technologies ~~~

1. Darwinism gives 30% education eff. (50 in vanilla) *
2. Colonial negotiations can only be discovered through Naval logistics. (Was Machine guns,N.L. and Economic responsibility) *
3. Initial colonial range decreased to minimum, can be increased Naval Science tree. (Not sure if this is possible to edit, but I think it is)
4. Probably going to boost financial institution tree slightly.

~~~ Possible ideas to think about ~~~

1. Implementing submarines - Idea is to allow Germany to be the only country to discover them, later on other countries would have modifiers to discover it while being in a war with Germany.
2. Giving Nejd starting reform so that it's much easier to form Arabia.
3. Reworking some of the regions so that we have more coal/iron in the game.
4. Adding starting factories to Great Powers. (Trying to prevent lack of machine parts,clippers and artillery in the early game)
5. Reworking blockades and war exhaustion.
6. Boosting Egypt in some way.
7. Reworking Garibaldis in some way so that Two Sicilies is actually playable. (For example instead of forming Italy they can form Mini Italia, if you have Two Sicilies and Mini Italia in the sphere or puppeted you can form Italy, or something like that...)
8. Increasing starting stockpile of certain countries?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Slayzer's project: New Mod for multiplayer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:30 pm 

Here's a tiny little change for you - North German as accepted culture for Austria.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:35 pm 

Safety regulations giving pop growth? NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:48 pm 

Something you might also consider adding is that if CSA exists that they can also create submarines. Historically they also had submarine technology that they used to combat the Yankee fleet.

Adding 20th century supply lines into the game might also add a bit of strategic value to the game, it would also compliment the one square retreat rule. Perhaps through tech, and not activated until a certain year as to appease the historicist here.

And another idea would be to add Hemp into the game, to compliment those nations without access to wool or cotton. It could also be used later on in the game through technology to develop carbon-steel and/or synthetic fibers which can be used as a substitute for steel.

Just something to think about, add a bit more dynamics to the game. I have a bit of experience with event creation and other vicky tools, so I could also help if given the go ahead.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:51 pm 

[quote="Guren275"]Safety regulations giving pop growth? NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

But what if someone working the machine press accidentally had their **** fall out of their pants and get smashed? Huh, what then? No ****, no children. No children, no manpower.

Think about it man, sheesh. :roll:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:34 am 

Slayzer wrote:

~~~ Land and country edits ~~~

4. Wallachia and Moldova united into Romania, cores from Ottoman empire added. *

I would rather see these get the Bosnia treatment. Don't really like the balkans existing, they just give the players excuses for something to do besides fighting each other most of the time.

Slayzer wrote:
5. Ottoman Empire restored to GP status. *

If they are just going to fall out I don't see the point of putting them back unless you buffed them, but you suggested the opposite.
Slayzer wrote:

~~~ Reforms ~~~

2. Wage reform now gives bonus factory throughput. *
3. Safety regulations boost pop growth slightly.

Health care in vanilla is pop growth right? If it is I don't think it should be changed back.
How big of a bonus are we talking on wage reform? Because the problem we usually run into late game is lack of raw materials and not produced goods(well if it is, it is because of lack of raws) so I don't really see where this is coming from.
Safety regulations should sure as hell not boost pop growth. Changes too much.

Slayzer wrote:
~~~ Technologies ~~~

1. Darwinism gives 30% education eff. (50 in vanilla) *

IDK about this one. Haven't really seen the effects of the 10% in vincinios mod/

Slayzer wrote:
~~~ Possible ideas to think about ~~~

1. Implementing submarines - Idea is to allow Germany to be the only country to discover them, later on other countries would have modifiers to discover it while being in a war with Germany.

Don't really like this that much. Would rather see more ports or something added to the German coast.

Slayzer wrote:
5. Reworking blockades and war exhaustion.

Details?
Slayzer wrote:
7. Reworking Garibaldis in some way so that Two Sicilies is actually playable. (For example instead of forming Italy they can form Mini Italia, if you have Two Sicilies and Mini Italia in the sphere or puppeted you can form Italy, or something like that...)

I think you just have a fetish for them :D.

The things not mentioned I either have no opinion are are fine on.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:55 am 

Slayzer wrote:

Are you suggesting you want to make it so Two Sicilies is a viable alternative to Sardinia-Piedmont, or to make it so it would be viable to have both Two Sicilies and Sardinia-Piedmont being played in the same game? Either way, if you're doing this treatment I think it could be cool to do something similar for Denmark, to make them a viable option besides Sweden for Scandinavia. Perhaps also something to make Bavaria viable beside Prussia, like forming SGF could be a viable thing so it could actually compete with NGF.

Btw, are you keeping the changes to Siberia from Vincinio's mod, making the states fewer and larger? Because I liked the idea of that, to make it actually worth fighting over.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:57 pm 

Let me preface this by saying I, personally, place a strong value on the game maintaining plausible historical accuracy, so I have issues with a lot of the ahistorical border changes at the beginning of the game. That is my main problem, but I will comment on specific things in the mod as well.

Also, my comments are mostly of things I don't like, so if I didn't comment on it, chances are I thought it was a good idea.

Quote:
some countries obviously have a huge disadvantage

I'm not opposed to large disparities in country power. The way I see it, only the USA, Russia, the UK, Germany, and France should have a realistic chance of being number 1 at the end of the game. It can be fun to play as the ally of a greater power as a lesser power.

Quote:
1. Bosnia transfered to Austria. *
4. Wallachia and Moldova united into Romania, cores from Ottoman empire added.

Blatantly ahistorical border changes.

Quote:
6. Canada,South Africa,New Zealand own all of their cores and are independent nations. *
6b. Starting techs are same as Brazil to balance immigration rates. *
7. Canada, Austria and Mexico now have more soldier pops.

I'm assuming this is mainly a way to nerf the US. Again, I oppose the ahistorical border changes, but I have an idea for a solution. The US passed a law in the 1880's called the Chinese exclusion act that ended all immigration from China. Maybe make this into an event that makes all Chinese pops emigrate to somewhere other than the USA. I think that would be a suitable nerf. You could also make releasing countries more attractive to increase the likelihood the UK will release these countries while avoiding actually changing starting borders.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Exclusion_Act

Quote:

How is the current mod's healthcare different than vanilla? I thought they both give 0.02 percent pop growth per reform.

Quote:
3. Safety regulations boost pop growth slightly.

This is not necessarily bad, but how much is "slightly?" I hope it doesn't turn into something like when healthcare gave a max of 0.4 percent and you could have ridiculous population at the end of the game.

Quote:
2. Colonial negotiations can only be discovered through Naval logistics. (Was Machine guns,N.L. and Economic responsibility)
3. Initial colonial range decreased to minimum, can be increased Naval Science tree. (Not sure if this is possible to edit, but I think it is)

Most of my comments have been negative, but I want to say how good of an idea I think this is! There really should be more of an incentive to have at least a decent navy.

Quote:

Submarines are fine, but only giving them to Germany seems like historical railroading. Maybe put the inventions for them under high level land tech so land powers can get them as a counterweight to more traditional naval powers' dreadnaughts and stuff.

Quote:
5. Reworking blockades and war exhaustion

You could have them impact tariff efficiency or something.

Quote:
6. Boosting Egypt in some way.

Maybe give it more rubber and/or higher literacy.

Quote:
8. Increasing starting stockpile of certain countries?

Is there a way to increase the maximum stockpile a country can hold? If you made it substantially more than 2000, it would help a lot with armament industry issues. Instead of having a large industry that is only useful in war, a country could have a modest industry and stockpile at peace for war. If you can't increase it, you could decrease the quantity of military goods necessary so you could do more with 2000 (e.g. Divide factory output by 10, multiply price by 10, divide unit and construction demand by 10).

Well, that's all I have to say about this right now. I hope you found my ideas useful.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:21 am 

When should the mod be done by???

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:54 pm 

SugarTitsJr. wrote:
And another idea would be to add Hemp into the game,

420 hemp in every State = no more wars = boring game.

Report this post