It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post subject: Rules
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:08 am 

Diplomacy:

1. You are limited to send volunteers to ONE country per war.
2. Any ideology can join any faction with the exception of communist and fascist. A communist nation cannot join a fascist-lead faction and vice versa.
3. Puppets cannot attempt to change their ruling party.
4. Declaring war on a Chinese warlord must also come with a declaration of war on China (fighting within china is not restricted the same way). IE Japan has to declare war on China if they declare war on Shanxi. However, if Shanxi were to declare war on Xibei San Ma they would NOT have to declare war on China.
5. Major nations may only use CBs from the focus tree and may not justify a war, until 1940. (For sake of balance, Italy's claims on Yugoslavia are acceptable to justify a war over prior to 1940).
6. USA, Germany, and Soviet Union must all be in different factions, unless puppeted.
7. Minors may only justify a single war, until 1940. They may not start a major war prematurely (cannot start a war against a nation that has been guaranteed by a major nation, until 1940).
8. You may not start a coup in any player nation, any state which borders you or your faction, or on AI France.
9. All puppets must be called to arms into all wars.
10. Early surrenders are banned, you must fight until the bitter end.

Warfare

1. You may not delete encircled troops.
2. You may not send divisions with tanks as volunteers.

Peace Conference

1. Pass exploit is strictly forbidden, even against AI.

Focus Tree

1. United Kingdom may not use the foci Scandinavian Intervention or Benelux intervention, until already at war.
2. United States may not use the focus Preemptive Strike, until already at war.
3. Japan may not use the Chinese Puppet focus.

Specific Nation Rules:

1. Either Chinas may justify as many wars for cores as they want at any time, but may not justify against a player nation prior to 1940.
2. United States may not join a faction or justify a war until November 1st 1941, unless a attacked or a large enough event (IE Operation Sealion) occurs to allow early entrance.

Not Rules, But Suggestions For A Healthy Game:

-Democracies need to be aggressive in who they guarantee, allowing world tension to hit 100% before you take any action is not good for you since you've allowed so much resistance to expansionists to fall and left yourself with less men and equipment which could have been on your side. Partisans are also a powerful tool to have hurting your enemy's industry.

-Players need to be much more wary of world tension. If you allow it to reach 100% by 1937 you've completely screwed yourself. USA and UK are mostly bound by their terrible starting laws and inability to build up their industry and armies while world tension is low. Fascists and Communists are not bound by this, but most of the fascists and communists start with poor industry and army sizes and need time to build up early on to compete with the democracies, in a long term war.

Please post ideas, suggestions, questions, and criticism.

Post subject: Re: Rules
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:34 pm 

Need some peace conference rules. For starters, the game must be paused during a peace conference.

Secondly, if you puppet a nation, no one else is then allowed to take states from the puppeted nation. Example: The game lets you puppet Poland for 1200 points on your turn, but on the next turn Germany takes 800 points worth of states from Poland, making what the USSR just spent 1200 point on only worth 400 points. This should be banned. You also need to announce that you have puppeted a country in the war screen because sometimes its hard to tell and other people may take the states by mistake if you haven't announced it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:26 pm 

I am pretty sure thatv the US is Locked out of a 6th reaserch slot anyways and that 5 is the absolute max.. at least for all the other focus trees the reaserch slots avaliable (3 turn into reaserch bonuses as soon as you reach the 5th reaserch slot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm 

NoOnes wrote:
I am pretty sure thatv the US is Locked out of a 6th reaserch slot anyways and that 5 is the absolute max.. at least for all the other focus trees the reaserch slots avaliable (3 turn into reaserch bonuses as soon as you reach the 5th reaserch slot.

Nope US gets a 6th research slot from their focus tree if they stay democratic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:18 pm 

After seeing how UK was able to keep Raj out of the war in the last game because you cannot declare directly on puppets, I realized how op that could be. If you can keep puppets out of war forever, you can make puppet walls to prevent people from invading you, such as by releasing Belarus and Ukraine, and puppeting Latvia as the USSR, which could prevent a land invasion on the western front. Also, UK could release Egypt to prevent fighting in North Africa. Considering that, I suggest that we make a rule that forces you to cal your subjects into war.

Also we should reword the rules to make it clear that majors cannot justify war until 1940. Right now it only references using CBs for majors, not fabricating them. Additionally we may want to add a limit to sending volunteers in the early game so that you won't see countries sending them to bump up world tension. Soviets can send them to China to bump up world tension, and some other nations such as South Africa could also have an interest in doing that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:48 am 

Yodoodles wrote:
After seeing how UK was able to keep Raj out of the war in the last game because you cannot declare directly on puppets, I realized how op that could be. If you can keep puppets out of war forever, you can make puppet walls to prevent people from invading you, such as by releasing Belarus and Ukraine, and puppeting Latvia as the USSR, which could prevent a land invasion on the western front. Also, UK could release Egypt to prevent fighting in North Africa. Considering that, I suggest that we make a rule that forces you to cal your subjects into war.

Also we should reword the rules to make it clear that majors cannot justify war until 1940. Right now it only references using CBs for majors, not fabricating them. Additionally we may want to add a limit to sending volunteers in the early game so that you won't see countries sending them to bump up world tension. Soviets can send them to China to bump up world tension, and some other nations such as South Africa could also have an interest in doing that.

I agree with the first 2 points, though on the third point, I think we would be better off lowering World Tension of Volunteers so it doesn't just serve as a vehicle for the Comintern to screw with the Axis.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:36 pm 

Otto von Saxony wrote:
I agree with the first 2 points, though on the third point, I think we would be better off lowering World Tension of Volunteers so it doesn't just serve as a vehicle for the Comintern to screw with the Axis.

I primarily sent volunteers to make Japan take equipment losses. I encircled and destroyed a few divisions so I felt pretty accomplished doing that. I think world tension as a whole needs to be lowered, though that might make it too easy to starve UK/US for the first year or so.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:05 pm 

Otto von Saxony wrote:
Yodoodles wrote:

Yeah that would work since the primary problems is world tension. There are probably some weird situations where you can exploit it in other ways, but I can't think of any right now since we already banned sending to multiple countries in the same war.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:54 am 

I don't see any problem with how world tension worked in our current game. We got all our **** really late even with the flood of soviet volunteers. The biggest tension raiser was the turkish-greek war. Agreed on the puppet stuff.