It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rule book
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:40 pm 

Slayzer wrote:
Yeah sorry I forgot to update the rule with patch.

I definitely think mongolia and xinjiang should be allowed, lower pop/worse RGO's than manchuria.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:05 pm 

Quote:
4. No country is allowed to take anything from Mainland China(except Formosa), Manchuria and treaty ports. NEW!

This still hasn't been corrected.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

Because I still havent made a final decision.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:08 pm 

I see!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:10 am 
Site Admin

Anti gamey-exploit rule added.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:53 pm 

Quote:
2. One side in the war can't have more than 110 coefficient score until 1880, 140 from 1880 till 1900 and no limits after 1900.

Comment on this rule: I kinda like the overall idea of it, to prevent stupid gangbanging and I also believe it creates more even wars. However I would suggest not basing this on coefficients, but rather on military power or soldier pops or possibly counting industry as well. Imagine if a country has a really bad game and is way weaker than what you expect, with current rules their coefficient would greatly overestimate their ability to contribute in a war. If this rule is instead based on their current score it would more adequetaly represent how big of a contribution they can make in the war.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Check this topic. http://z7.invisionfree.com/Blut_und_Eis ... topic=2990

Also I'm not lowering the coefficient for someone just because they are playing bad, that is exactly opposite of what I want. Because everyone is expected to at least keep up with the starting coefficient.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:42 pm 

That's a kinda long thread, could you perhaps sum up what you think is important from it?

And I'm not talking about lowering coefficients, not at all. I'm only talking about how many people are allowed on each side in a war, and I think it's more relevant to go by their actual current power rather than what power they're expected to have. I mean take for instance USA, they have a very high coefficient of 60, which if I understand correctly is meant to represent how strong they become in late game. In the early game they're not particularly strong but if they were to join a war they'd still take up more than half of their alliance's allowed coefficients in that war. Same argument could be made for Prussia and Sardinia-Piedmont, who uses their respective union's coefficient even though they aren't that strong before forming those unions. So it's not always just that a player has fucked up, but merely that the coefficient is based around what the country is expected to achieve in 100 years and not necessarily representative of their power at any given time.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:02 pm 

Quote:
4. No country is allowed to take anything from Mainland China(except Formosa), Manchuria and treaty ports.

I would once again like to remind you that this rule still literally states that you can't take Mainland China, Manchuria and Treaty Ports, but you can take any of the other Chinese substates. Since this is not what is intended by the rule I think it's a problem cause you're supposed to be able to follow the rules exactly as they're written here and not have to guess what they actually mean. Like in the current game, strictly speaking, Spain has broken this rules by taking a treaty port.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:13 pm 

I think it would be a good idea to make an initiative to remove ambiguity from the rules as much as possible. For instance I think the "20%" rules isn't nearly clear enough to fully understood without an further explanation. And, saying it for the fourth time now, the rule about what you can take from China is still incorrectly stated.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next