It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:48 am

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post subject: Prestige I lost two session ago
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:52 pm 

Guys, this is something that regards game mechanic, which is totally broken.

Two sessions ago, I went bancrupt. My budged was ballanced, I wasnt in debt, I was not even loosing money - My budged balance was just constantly something above 0 pounds.
Then event with cholera fired, where you have option to either spend money or spend nothing and let cholera spead longer (or something like that you got the point).
I didnt realized that if I spent 10 000 pounds my budged will go negative and bancrupcy event will occur.
I had a plenty of money to spend before going bancrupt and I shouldnt be punished that hard because of one simple click at the wrong time.
Could I please get my prestige back? Or at least some of it?
I know I should be more aware of this ****, but comon! this is ridiculous!

PS:
Before bancrupcy I was with Austria at the first place with exactly same ammount of prestige.
Then I dropped to 6th place and never recovered from that...

Thank you for your attention

Post subject: Re: Prestige I lost two session ago
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:43 pm 

I guess no one is agains this so I will find out how much prestige I lost and propose in edits.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:58 pm 

o, thought I responded, I'm against it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 pm 

So here is the picture with prestige before event:
https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Pr ... +event.jpg

And here is how my prestige dropped after:
https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Pr ... +event.jpg

From 355 dropped to less than 100, just because of one wrong click thanks to retarted bancrupcy game mechanics.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:02 pm 

Guren275 wrote:
o, thought I responded, I'm against it.

Do you care to share why?

Or just because you dont like it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:35 pm 

It's something you could've prevented. Like, I don't really view "1 click shouldn't put me far behind" as a valid defense.

You didn't have the money to afford the decision you were clicking, and didn't know that you don't simply take loans if you suddenly lose a bunch of money.

In the past, people have been annexed for accidentally clicking the wrong button (Austria allowing Germany to annex them) so I think it's perfectly fine for you to lose a bit of prestige and just not make the same mistake next time. There is a similar thing with peace deals-- if you accidentally send the wrong peace deal you could end up just getting fucked. I don't think misclicks should be edited.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:57 pm 

[quote="Guren275"]It's something you could've prevented. Like, I don't really view "1 click shouldn't put me far behind" as a valid defense.
not, but in this instance I got fucked by the broken game mechanic, not the click itself so no idea what else could be a more valid defense...

You didn't have the money to afford the decision you were clicking, and didn't know that you don't simply take loans if you suddenly lose a bunch of money.
dude, I didnt wanted to click on it, it was just a missclick because I had a lot of other popups and things to do at the same time
also, I had none borrowed money and I was veeeeeeeery faaaaar away from going to bancrupcy...

In the past, people have been annexed for accidentally clicking the wrong button (Austria allowing Germany to annex them) first, this is retarted, second, totally different situation where I needed to handle a milion other different actions, it wasnt a paused game and slow peace treaty situation so I think it's perfectly fine for you to lose a bit of prestige and just not make the same mistake next time. a bit?? are you fucking serious?? why dont you at least bother to look at the pictures i attached?? I was down from 355 prestige to 80!! Is this really a bit in your stupid mind???? There is a similar thing with peace deals-- if you accidentally send the wrong peace deal you could end up just getting fucked. again, totally different situation, it was difficult for me to manage all events occuring at once + war with france + colonization + naval transports... you know playing UK is not simple, right?? I don't think misclicks should be edited. again, this is not about missclick itself, its about broken game mechanic regarding going to dept and instantly bancrupt for no reason... so think again guren

Read comments in red.

I have no idea if you have been serious or you just love being a ****

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:11 am 

1. The only reason you WOULDNT want to click on it is if you knew it would make you bankrupt, honestly "misclicks" can't really be used as a defense, I think. Sometimes people accidentally delete 200k troops, it happens. You can't just stop the game and try to edit in another 200k troops.
(Quoting you saying "I didn't wanted to click on it").

2. Plenty of people have a million other things that they are paying attention to. And I'm not even talking about a peace deal, I'm talking about the decision/event that forms super Germany. The Austria player has to click the button accepted annexation from German player, this has been clicked accidentally (they didn't realize the situation they were in, just randomly clicking on events).

3. 355 to 80 isn't really that much prestige. Prestige itself isn't very important, anyways. Should we also reimburse a USA player every time they accidentally break truce with Mexico and lose all their prestige?

4. I've probably played more UK than anyone else here, ik it's not simple, that's why only experienced players should play it. I would never cry about some prestige I lost, armies/navies/industry I would.

5. Decide what your argument is-- is it that the game mechanic is stupid and you didn't know about it, or you misclicked fully knowing what would happen? Because you've flipped back and forth a bit here. I view not knowing the mechanic exists as more defensible, but even then, the punishment for not knowing is so minor (275 prestige) that there really isn't much of a point to editing it. By implying that the game action is illegitimate, you're saying that if you're in the middle of a war and you go bankrupt due to misclicking and activating this mechanic, we should stop the game and fix your bankruptcy. Either the bankruptcy is legitimate or illegitimate, there's nothing really in between.

6. Another issue I have is complaining about it late. If it was important you should've complained about it immediately, since trying to get extra prestige edited to you after a couple of sessions gives you an advantage over people who just hang on to their prestige.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:40 am 
Site Admin

Actually Duro I have to agree with Guren on this matter. This is a known "issue" it's not the first time people go bankrupt this way and I can't remember anyone ever being compensated for it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:13 am 

Russia went bankrupt the same way in the first war I think. I remember that's how we ended up winning that war and it's impossible to edit that away now.