It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:02 am

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post subject: Re: Final stnadings
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:40 pm 

BC0216 wrote:
Xarxos wrote:
BC0216 wrote:
Chile barely beat me, I was so close but that first great war destroyed a lot of my stuff, if its rated how I think it is atleast.

If I had any control over my industry I would've spammed steamer convoy-factories and actually been able to build all the dreadnaughts I had potential for. I think I had used like 3/5s out of my navy limit when we ended, since they just wouldn't build anymore. So if not for that I think you would've had a hard time beating me, cause you just had way less coast than me.

I also lost control of my indusstry for like 2 elections, also, you had a huge advantage over me becuase texas starts with only 15K people, and i lost about 3/4 in my war with mexico.

I had control over my industry for exactly one election throughout the entire game, other than that it was either Laissez Faire or Interventionism. You probably started with less people than me, but Chile doesn't have enormous population to begin with either. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue that I'm a better player than you or anything, I just think that my Chile was in a better position to acquire score towards the end-game than Texas (or would be if not for the damn liberals in power), which to a large degree probably depended on a better starting position.