It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:38 am

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post subject: Mexico by Azsune
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:09 pm 

I just played Mexico because Stefy asked me too. So it is a game about Mexico and it was one of my better games with them.

Post subject: Re: Mexico by Azsune
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:41 am 

It was a nice episode definitely keep recording and improving :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:27 am 
Site Admin

Here is the full playlist link.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:10 pm 

Nice episode, too bad most of those strategies won't work against a human player :\

BTW, why would you want to become the empire of mexico?
Flavor reasons?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

Think it has to do with immigrant attraction.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:30 pm 

Slayzer wrote:

You start as a democracy, that decision makes you an HM's government, logicly that decreases your immigration, right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:19 pm 

LordofTurtles wrote:
Slayzer wrote:

You start as a democracy, that decision makes you an HM's government, logicly that decreases your immigration, right?

But the militancy allows you to actually pass reforms regardless of HM's government or democracy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:13 pm 

I have played a game fully as a democracy and as a HM Government. My immigration in both games were about the same. Plus the Empire of Mexico sounds better. Anyways there is suppose to be a modifier that reduces Immigration to the nation if it is not a Democracy. But by modding the save file and changing gov types in a later game I got the same amount of Immigrants on average. Even in this game USA became American Peoples Republic. Which is a Proletarian Dictatorship. They did not lost any Immigrants to the CSA or to me. It was the exact same amount. They did not gain any Social reforms but lost almost all the Liberal reforms.

What is really effecting my Immigration is the amount of people not getting needs met and how many are getting their luxury needs. Reducing taxes to 0 will not fix it as you will see in my series. What I need is the ability to produce my luxury goods. Or climb to a higher standing in the world to be the first to buy off the world market.

Now to win in multiplayer you either need to give up northern Mexico to the USA, hope hes bad, or sit at war with Texas for so long that USA gets tired and decides to make a deal. You can ask Slayerz about me beating up a bad USA before. But I did wait till I had a high amount of my population soldiers before I allowed him to intervene into the Texas war. I had about 50% more troops then him but my literacy was delayed to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:16 pm 

I have an idea of how to handle the texas situation, but I'd like to keep that under wraps
The only problem with is that it requires a bit of nasty micromanagement so I might need a few short consecutive pauses to set things up, I hope that won't be a problem?

Anyho, on the migration status, you are actually completly right, there is nothing in the migration factors saying that democracy helps attract immigrants
What actually matters most is the voting franchise, the unemployment (less than 10%) and being in NA/SA/OCE
You learn something new everyday :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:43 pm 

LordofTurtles wrote:
I have an idea of how to handle the texas situation, but I'd like to keep that under wraps
The only problem with is that it requires a bit of nasty micromanagement so I might need a few short consecutive pauses to set things up, I hope that won't be a problem?

Anyho, on the migration status, you are actually completly right, there is nothing in the migration factors saying that democracy helps attract immigrants
What actually matters most is the voting franchise, the unemployment (less than 10%) and being in NA/SA/OCE
You learn something new everyday :P

INGAME RULES:
5. Pauses are only allowed in following cases:

Real life issues
Before war
Asking to decrease game speed
Before declaring war, if casus beli is expiring
When offering peace deal
Dealing with unexpected rebelion