It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post subject: Info
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 am 
Site Admin

ABOUT
Hello and welcome to vicky.freeforums.org,
The main purpose of this forum is to gather people for quality multiplayer games of Victoria 2, to make things more exciting I've invented a point system that should motivate players to do their best and to develop strategies. Also have some 2v2 tournaments in mind, but those will take part later on, once we make sure we have enough players.
Of course feel free to use it for arranging casual games or simply discuss about Vicky.
For those who are new to this game there is a forum with guides guides as well as some let's plays.

LEAGUE
Ladder(example)
The idea is to establish a league for players who wish to compete in multiplayer games and have some fun during weekends. Players that aren't on the player list won't receive any points for playing the game.
Game ends either by time(reaching 1936) or by mutual agreement(Players agree to end the game for various reasons).*Note that games that ended before 1880 won't be counted into ladder.

ORGANISATION
Once our player list has at least 15 members I will open the thread were you can sign up for a game.
So far we have been using skype, and still use it for most of the time, however I find teamspeak much more practical when there is a large number of people. You don't have to talk on teamspeak, just be there few minutes before the game starts.
Please use forum to arrange games, suggested time is Sunday 17h GMT(Greenwich Mean Time), however if most of players agree this can be re-scheduled. If more than one quarter of players are missing and players didn't agree to end a game, it has to be postponed for later date.
Feel free to arrange unrated,casual games on forum just make a short notification in the thread name.

LADDER
Points will be calculated using following formula: A-(B+C*X)=total points gained
A = Total score of your country once the game is over
B = Total score of your country in the beginning
C = Country coefficient
X = Number of years passed from the beginning (current year -1836)
*If country is Super power,Great power or Secondary power their total points gained is reduced by certain modifier(check coef. list)
Example: Playing Russia, ending year being 1936, total score 1362. In this case you would get 500 points.
(3000-(283 + 15*100))/4 = 304

For each great war that you win versus players you get 50 points!
Players that go over infamy will lose 25 points for each containment war lost!

LAST UPDATED 18.2.2014
Enjoy your time on forum!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Info
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:31 pm 

What do you think of some sort of negative modifier based on how many infamy points you have above 25? Just to deter that crazy landgrabbing from big, unstoppable countries that lose interest in it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

Was thinking about that, but wasn't sure how to import it in point system?
Final score - infamy?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm 

Something like that sounds reasonable. Maybe number of infamy points above 25, and multiply it by 2.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:16 am 

Slayzer wrote:
Was thinking about that, but wasn't sure how to import it in point system?
Final score - infamy?

I am very much against that sort of system -- the vanilla game has a point where AI will not try to contain you because you are too powerful. Humans are the same. However, humans are able to team up should they truly wish to take down the person over the infamy limit. If a human player can get away with it using amazing diplomacy skills (Bribery for allies, threats for enemies) I think they shouldn't get any less points. If anything just make a bigger reward for containing people.

TLDR: if they can get away with it, they've earned it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 pm 

make it scale as you go more over the infamy limit.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:42 pm 

I request these rules be updated to line up with EXACTLY what Slayzer claims are the rules. I don't like playing without a clear understanding of what parameters we're playing with and I'm sorry Slayzer but your word is not enough. It needs to be in writing.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:29 pm 

Is there a sunday game today?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry for the late response but no, there is no Sunday game today, it's over officially, next Sunday campaign should start most likely in early December.

Report this post