It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:31 am

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post subject: Gm Vote
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 am 

Last time I feel like the vote went really well for the most part but had 2 pretty major flaws. First we all didn't know each other too well and that made the democratic system a lot less effective. Second, being able to see who people vote for severely effected at least a few people.

The first issue definitely is gone now. As for the second issue I think this time we ought to do the vote in private. We really have two options on how to do a private vote. We could either use a program like straw poll to run it, however this could have serious consequences with voter abuse, or we could use a person to run the vote. However this could have serious consequences with distrust if not everyone agrees on the person. I'd like to believe You guys could trust me with such a thing, but I am worried that self electing myself here would be pressuring people who are not ok with it to be ok with it.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Vote in Poll- http://www.strawpoll.me/12348409

Post subject: Re: Gm Vote
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:16 am 

I am fine with a non-anonymous vote. Noone has reported any coercion thus far.

That being said, I have no significant objections if you can find a way to do it anonymously.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:06 am 

As long as the vote happens the week of the 20th I can volunteer to be the one receiving the votes. If someone else is prefered I don't mind either.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 pm 

I feel the same as goatmeal about the matter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:34 pm 

i am ok with it not being anonymous. I dont understand why some people would be 'severely' affected by others seeing their vote.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:36 pm 

ptz wrote:
i am ok with it not being anonymous. I dont understand why some people would be 'severely' affected by others seeing their vote.

Well essentially a few players had changed votes directly due to what other people had voted for. On one occasion it was about elevating themselves, on another it was about getting to vote for the guy who is most likely to win. As comedic as that second one sounds I can't help but believe that was actually happening several times; Its just I know for a fact that it happened with at least 1 person when I asked why he had changed his vote.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:45 am 

Secret ballots make the most sense. There's a reason we do it in the real world, and there doesn't seem to be a reason to have your vote be public unless you're really concerned about people rigging a vote to be GM on an EUIV game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:31 am 

Exactly how I see it. I say we double down on this democracy though and just have a vote over it. If people choose secret we will worry about who manages the secret vote after.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12348409

We will do results on the upcoming friday or saturday, then we will do the GM vote until Monday. That means Roster should be up by Wednesday along with a new and comprehensive rules list.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 am 

robieman wrote:
Exactly how I see it. I say we double down on this democracy though and just have a vote over it. If people choose secret we will worry about who manages the secret vote after.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12348409

We will do results on the upcoming friday or saturday, then we will do the GM vote until Monday. That means Roster should be up by Wednesday along with a new and comprehensive rules list.

I'm appalled by the use of FPTP. Why use such an antiquated voting method?!

(I realize there's only two options. This was a joke)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 pm 

Otto von Saxony wrote:
I'm appalled by the use of FPTP. Why use such an antiquated voting method?!

It's disgusting. It's a spit in the face of democracy itself.
Why aren't we allowing third party options!? How about a half-secret ballot or a semi-secret public ballot or even a super-secret ballot!? Where are the choices? This is ridiculous.