It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:02 am

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post subject: General Game Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:11 am 

Anything you want to be discussed not during game time please post about it here.
I will also post polls here if we need to make a decision as a group.

Post subject: Re: General Game Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:32 am 

1. I don't think China should be allowed to be played since it makes japan incapable of early conquest (Japan can not win against a player China)

2. There was a decent Idea from Gurren: what about asigning coefficiants to countries so we can balance diplomacy around that.

So Personally I think this is a game about the warfare so that should be our focus createing a fun setup to test our battlefield mettle. If completely free diplomacy is allowed then We'll get absurd factions like in the last session where the cominterm owns half the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:09 pm 

[quote="NoOnes"]1. I don't think China should be allowed to be played since it makes japan incapable of early conquest (Japan can not win against a player China)

2. There was a decent Idea from Gurren: what about asigning coefficiants to countries so we can balance diplomacy around that.

So Personally I think this is a game about the warfare so that should be our focus createing a fun setup to test our battlefield mettle. If completely free diplomacy is allowed then We'll get absurd factions like in the last session where the cominterm owns half the world.

but why would you go invade china anyway they don't have any resources better attack Malaysia / java island that are full of ruber and **** and china player better accept to be facist japan puppet as there no way china gonna build enought navy to invade japan anyway and you can start killing warlords after 140 days with fascist china

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:11 pm 

NoOnes wrote:
1. I don't think China should be allowed to be played since it makes japan incapable of early conquest (Japan can not win against a player China)

So then we come to the problem where it's "here's a set of approved factions. Pick one set up and we'll play it." Sounds kind of boring IMO.

As for china, I think communist china is fine. You don't have to help China against Japan. Perhaps China proper is a good ban.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:30 pm 

china propper can have 150 milion MP.. fairily easily in MP at that.

...also coafficiants would prevent approved factions... but completely free diplomacy results in france Poland and India going comunist, or the US going facist with out any limits.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:45 pm 

doesn't Mao Zedong gets all china once it goes communist so i dont think there a lot of diffrence then playing china ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:08 am 

China has a modifier which causes an event to fire when their communist support gets higher (chance to fire increases the higher it is), a state will cede to Communist China and Communism loses 15% support in China. In all of my games I've gotten a maximum of 3 states out of China (which was after Japan AI took until early 1938 to finally defeat China). Not to mention it costs a good amount of political power to do that. It's not a huge deal.

How do coefficients not cause essentially pre-approved factions in HoI IV? Factions are not exactly static but by the time the first major war ends the game will likely be over. So I'm not sure how this would work for HoI IV. Everyone will know which combinations will work every game which brings us to the same issue IMO. I get what you mean, but maybe I'm missing how you think the coefficients should work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:06 pm 

Sothar wrote:
China has a modifier which causes an event to fire when their communist support gets higher (chance to fire increases the higher it is), a state will cede to Communist China and Communism loses 15% support in China. In all of my games I've gotten a maximum of 3 states out of China (which was after Japan AI took until early 1938 to finally defeat China). Not to mention it costs a good amount of political power to do that. It's not a huge deal.

How do coefficients not cause essentially pre-approved factions in HoI IV? Factions are not exactly static but by the time the first major war ends the game will likely be over. So I'm not sure how this would work for HoI IV. Everyone will know which combinations will work every game which brings us to the same issue IMO. I get what you mean, but maybe I'm missing how you think the coefficients should work.

Why are pre approved factions a bad thing?

I'm not sure how you think the base game works. if no one chooses to join allies, and 3/4 the "strength' joins one side, it won't be very fun for the other side.

How coefficients work is: you take players that lead from each faction (allies, commie, fascists) and have them draft other player countries, with all countries having a point value so that no one faction can be too far away from the other two.

Obviously you need to play the game quite a bit to understand what countries are worth what.

Edit: Also, I'd suggest having this game be LAN so that more people can play.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:54 pm 

One thing to remember with balancing is that there are three factions, so there will more than likely be a 2 on 1 like historical Allies+Comminterm vs Axis. With standard alliances it is not balanced, so I think most/all minors nations should join one faction and then the other two factions will fight the mega-faction, whichever it may be (probably not allies since they are slow to start).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:25 am 

Supernova wrote:
One thing to remember with balancing is that there are three factions, so there will more than likely be a 2 on 1 like historical Allies+Comminterm vs Axis. With standard alliances it is not balanced, so I think most/all minors nations should join one faction and then the other two factions will fight the mega-faction, whichever it may be (probably not allies since they are slow to start).

Which means drafting via coefficients is even more important. Either we do a 2v1 sort of set up, where the 1 gets twice as much power, or we make it so that the objective is to take the entire world and have a 1v1v1