It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 am

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post subject: General discussion
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:12 am 
Site Admin

Please don't spam Ladder thread and hall of fame(is closed in fact), but use this thread to express your frustrations and experiences during the previous season.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: General discussion
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:16 am 
Site Admin

Also use this one to discuss changes that you would like to see in the next season.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:06 pm 

I feel like the biggest problems with games last season was attendance. Nothing ruins a game like people not showing up and forcing unprepared subs to fill in, if any such can even be found. So I'm thinking there needs to be harsher consequences for people who don't show up without providing a good reason for it, as well as people who ragequit during games. Like, if someone doesn't show up without providing a reason or ragequits they get ONE warning, and then if it happens again they get banned from all further games for that whole season. If something unexpected happens and you can't report your absence in advance you could still explain to the organizer later and if there's a good reason your warning/ban could be lifted. For people who consistently show up late there could be somewhat more lenient consequences, like a 2 or 3 warnings, but they should still be punished if they can't get their **** together.

Of course, along with this we need to make sure everyone always knows when games are happening. Make an official statement that tells everyone to check the forum at least once a week before each game so they get any relevant info (like if a game is cancelled or something) and keep the timer for the next game always up to date. We also need to pay special attention to when summer time ends/begins and make sure that the time for games gets properly adjusted and that everyone is aware of this. Basically, make sure that people don't miss games because of any fault on the organizers part, so people only have themselves to blame if they **** up.

Maybe it could also be a good idea to keep a list of dedicated subs with people not currently involved in a game but who are willing to sub every now and then, and to actively advertise for these people on other sites such as Reddit.

That's some things I'm thinking of.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:50 pm 

I was going to say something along the lines of : NERF IMMIGRATION

but the mod seems to handle it quite nicely. You will probably have to raise coefficients for immigration countries other than the USA, and lower the USA's coefficient though.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:12 pm 

By next session could we please include the central Asian Union to spice things up and add a whole new country who could be a GP

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:28 pm 

I feel it would give countries like Punjab ( Sikth) and Persia something to set a goal towards. It would also appease rebel groups from attacking because of the unaccepted pop to the east

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:01 pm 

Astencel123 wrote:
I feel it would give countries like Punjab ( Sikth) and Persia something to set a goal towards. It would also appease rebel groups from attacking because of the unaccepted pop to the east

It'd never happen because Russia always eats most of Central Asia early on and I don't think a country like Persia could viably take it back.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Persia already got buffed if I recall correctly.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:24 am 

OH YEAH if you have 100 military score then I get something. 100 FRICKING MILITARY SCORE WITH PERSIA. No I honestly do think Persia needs more of a viable and extended goal to go for

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:36 am 
Site Admin

And why wouldn't you have 100 military score with Persia? You people really need to learn how to play Victoria, it's not only about wars and conquests, you need to develop your country and build up economy. Persia is one of the best countries in the game and DOES NOT require any major buffs.

Report this post