It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Victoria 2 multiplayer forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: General discussion
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:54 am 

That would destroy any french hope of ever preventing germany forming and probably would remove the challenge of it

And germany is op as hell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:33 am 

Shadow Guard wrote:
That would destroy any french hope of ever preventing germany forming and probably would remove the challenge of it

And germany is op as hell

Er, NGF would form, not Germany.

NGF is still worse than France.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:38 pm 

i think it would create more balanced games

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:15 pm 

Slayzer wrote:
Something to think about, how would you guys feel about making Hannover start in Prussian sphere? This would pretty much mean that NGF can form almost day 1.

No, that's really bad idea in my opinion. NGF from the very beginning will never bring 'more balanced game' as Austria (especially Austria), the UK, Russia and France won't be able to take any action in order to prevent creation of mini-Germany in 1836(37).

If you want to make Prussian life easier, you can allow player not to have Alsace to create Germany.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:45 pm 

nomelbourn wrote:
Slayzer wrote:
Something to think about, how would you guys feel about making Hannover start in Prussian sphere? This would pretty much mean that NGF can form almost day 1.

No, that's really bad idea in my opinion. NGF from the very beginning will never bring 'more balanced game' as Austria (especially Austria), the UK, Russia and France won't be able to take any action in order to prevent creation of mini-Germany in 1836(37).

If you want to make Prussian life easier, you can allow player not to have Alsace to create Germany.

Thats even worse idea....
This will make Russia and France eager to just "rush" Prussia since day one even more, because if they wont, they will obviously get fucked even faster cause forming of Germany will be instantly easier.

From our last season start on september, we should finally realize that early game wars bring nothing else than pain and constatn rehosts because game got OOS very often.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:09 pm 

DuroSVK wrote:
Thats even worse idea....
This will make Russia and France eager to just "rush" Prussia since day one even more, because if they wont, they will obviously get fucked even faster cause forming of Germany will be instantly easier.

It's a difficult question as it depends on France, Russia and Austria. But it can be so, I agree.
Why don't you think about the possibility of alliance between France and Germany

The thing is that we'll allow creating of mini-Germany(~France) in 1836 if we do that, the game will be even more disbalanced.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:19 pm 

The reason people don't think about an alliance between france and Germany is because it's retarded. It means France is just trusting that Germany won't later kill them after they get strong and form.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:17 am 

KevinG wrote:
Attachment:
v2_1.png

Here's a screenshot of my level 16 factory making $725 a day in Bohemia. I don't have a save before the crash but I remember having no unemployment in Austria right before we rehosted so I know my artillery factory still existed on my client. Here's the save right after someone crashed due to desync and we rehosted:

Attachment:
v2_2.png

I lost my artillery factory in Bohemia, my liquor factory in Hungary, and my artillery factory in Slovakia. I have almost 200K unemployed craftsmen in those 3 states alone. I lost over $800 per day from potential factory profits. I didn't touch my factories the entire time because my capitalists were able to expand them without me having to invest in them. I've been with the conservative government the entire game and rebels didn't occupy any land during this time.

It will take 17 years just to get the artillery factory in Bohemia back to the level it was before the bug. Is it possible to mod the factories back in the savegame?

To respond to this post, I don't really know how this could have possibly happened. I would tend to say that it shouldn't be edited just b/c I don't exactly understand what happened, and the story doesn't really sound feasible (someone else desyncing, factories are fine before rehost, deleted afterwards)

There is a LOT of time between the two screenshots you posted, which leaves plenty of time for things to go wrong (rebels, occupied by enemy, closed down on it's own due to not being subsidized or government suddenly changing, etc)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:38 am 
Site Admin

About factories: Completely legit thing, I had this issue couple of times happen to me, I even remember discussion I had with you guys on TS some long time ago where no one believed me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:08 am 

Artillery didn't need to be subsidized because this was like 2 years before the next major war started and everyone in Europe was spamming as much artillery as they could afford. If you watch slayzers twitch stream you can see that Bohemia was never overrun by rebels. For it to go from level 16 to 0 in one year would mean that all of bohemia had to be occupied for several months. Everyone would have noticed that with nothing else going on in the world at the time. Also even if that did happen, factories can't be completely deleted on their own like that. If they lose all their money they drop down to level one and then close. I had 10 different factories completely deleted from the game in various states. They weren't just closed down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next